Wednesday, January 20

Tif and her canvasing ways...

KNOCK KNOCK
(door opens somewhere around the globe)

"ummm, yes? can i help you?" enquires a dearest reader

"good afternoon to you, my name is used dog and this is little olive. we are here today on behalf of Tif..."

"who?"

"Tif, you may perhaps know her as dottie angel?"

"ah yes, i've heard of her, not sure how or where though" replies the dearest reader

"perhaps i may enlighten you a little?" encourages used dog

"well, my peas are on the stove so i don't have long... could you make it quick" the dearest reader says whilst glancing back toward the kitchen.

"certainly" continues used dog "i believe you may have stumbled across Tif on her blog at some point. sadly she can not be with us today for she has tres important busy stuff to do like admin, (shudder) and so myself and little olive have volunteered on her behalf to go out and about, meeting dearest readers from her readership list and spreading the word"

"well that's very lovely and all, but what have i got to do with it" the dearest reader asks

"aaah, yes well...
i was just getting to the very point of my visit. it would appear that Tif has been nominated for a prestigious award.
she was rather flattered, and most blushing when she received notice of this turn of events"
(a pause whilst used dog gets a drink of water, clears her throat, reprimands little olive for eating too many pine cones in the dearest reader's yard and then continues)
"and so it would appear Tif has hidden behind her admin duties and is leaving it up to me and little olive to go to each and every doorstep of her dearest readers asking them most kindly, if it isn't too much trouble that is, if they perhaps would care to cast their vote in her direction"

"well, let me think a minute whilst i turn the peas down"
the dearest reader heads to the kitchen whilst used dog lingers on the doorstep adjusting her natty little badge saying 'vote for me pretty please'

on returning to her doorstep the dearest reader announces
"well i suppose i could, although i don't really remember much about Tif or what she looks like?"

"perhaps this lovely 7 x 5 color flyer of Tif and her natty little badge, will help you recall?" offers used dog


"oooh yes! i remember her, quite the most batty one isn't she? half the time i don't know what she's going on about, stands on stools a lot, ummm... oh, but that's a lovely picture, do i get to keep it?"

"why of course you do! and of course, it would be most delightful to know if you are perhaps considering casting your vote in Tif's direction" sighs used dog, thinking this was all going to take rather a long time if this was how each visit was going to go

"well yes! if i get to keep the picture and perhaps your nice little badge, you can definitely have my vote... plus i do recall, i like a few of her crafts and she does make me chuckle from time to time" the dearest reader remarks

"that is marvelous" used dog exclaims whilst unpinning her badge, "i shall mark you down as a 'yes' upon my very lovely 'dottie angeled' clip board, and bid you a lovely peachy day" to which used dog turns, calls over to little olive whom it would appear had spent most of the time relandscaping the dearest reader's front yard and heads off to the next unsuspecting dearest reader's dwelling.

they are thanking you most kindly for considering her ~ Tif, used dog and little olive

40 comments:

nic [luzia pimpinella] said...

*hahaha*

you are hilarious, my dear...
reason enough to vote for you... but there are SO MANY MORE reasons... :)))


xo.

nic... leaping over to vote.

Callies Cottage said...

Casting a vote your way!Well Done.I am still following The Challenge!
Warm Wishes,
Cally x

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

well...that was just about the cutest story i ever read....so how could i NOT cast a vote in Tif's direction after that...

so here i go.......

BananaSaurusRex said...

Already voted for you, Miss. And encouraged others to do so as well!

Floss said...

Hello used dog and little olive, you can add me to your list as a 'yes'. Hope tif repays your royally for the excellent job you're doing!

nacherluver said...

Why thank you used dog and little olive for making me aware of Tif's nomination. I would be more than happy to vote for her!

I am a bit slow today on the get-go and am not quite understanding how to vote?

I traveled across your link and landed in Poppytalk only to find the Handmade Crafter post still stuck in "nominate" mode. Is there a particular time to "vote" as I see there are separate instructions for "nominate" and "vote". Am I to assume "voting" is done after the last nomination on the 12th? It says to use a "voter button" per category of which I see none.

Please bare with me used dog as I am working with the remainder of what is left of my mind You see, raising four children simultaneously with a man-child requires much brain power.

I will most certainly check back later after I have had some down time (to recharge the ol' noggin') and see if there is a link for a vote button or perhaps further instructions on how to cast my vote. Who knows, by then my recharge might have worked so well I can figure this out on my own!

Apron Thrift Girl said...

one more little vote in your direction.

Rachelle Blondel said...

dear Olive & used dog please let Tif know that I had have already voted for dottie angel...I have to confess I did in fact follow a link to vote for someone else & saw dotties name there large & loud and I'm afraid I changed my vote. I hope I can be forgiven..;-)
hope u win Tif rxx

dottie angel said...

if you are having any trouble with 'how to vote' due to Tif's iffy story telling ways then all you have to do is click on the link within her ramble that says
'Favortie Handmade Crafter' or the little 'The Poppies' button on her sidebar. that should get you right to the spot where you can cast your vote...
Tif is thanking you most kindly, as it is making her admin manic mode so much sweeter :)

love used dog x

gold fawn said...

hello there.. I would like to join the challenge of an utmost kind! I am having a hard time figuring out how to upload the button and picture. sigh... if you have any links to info on that I'd be oh so grateful. but otherwise count me in!! xoxo m(via honeyedheaven)

Fruitful Fusion said...

Ok done! Hope you win!!! :)

Bee Designs said...

Good luck! My vote's been added and my fingers are crossed for you.

kelly said...

you get my vote x

Tracy x said...

my dearest and most bestest overseas pal...
you are a little loopy which is why i love you so..
you get my vote
t x

Marg said...

You already had my vote, I did the same as ted and agnes, he he. Good luck Tif, and thank you Olive and used dog.

roseroomnz.com said...

done because the asked so nicely! Rachael:)

Jo Archer said...

'Tis done, but it's a four horse race, with you current second/third. Do you need any nobbling doing? lol

Attila said...

well, said human to tillycat; what do you think? should we vote for the crazy lady?

i don't think much of the relandscaping done by the olivedog, said tillycat; although it's hardly any worse than it was before. she does give you a good smiley blogread several days a week, and you do regard her as a fellow doilylover; perhaps you should.

ok, said human; you're quite right, tillycat, let's go and vote.

Carol said...

Brilliant post, still chuckling away. Voting done, good luck!

Sherri B. said...

I voted for you. Please thank used dog and little olive for letting us all know about this wonderful honor. Your are my very favorite and so, so precious.

Still Lily said...

oh no need for used dog and little olive to come my way to the country by the sea...vote has been cast for you dearest dottie angel, for you are the favorite handmade crafter in these parts! best o luck.
tatafornow

mamas collection said...

Rest assured, before used dog and little olive had to do your begging, I had already voted for my favorite favoritey blogger of all time...
Kudos on the admin job by the way; I'm writing to you to avoid mine....:D

Hear Me Roar! said...

I just voted Dear Tif, and I must say... you already had 128 votes! Keep up the good work!!!

Maggi said...

Is a vote dottie angel a vote for battiness? I hope so! Never change :)

dottie angel said...

i have reported your kind voting ways to Tif and she is delighted beyond all delights. her admin pile is slowly dwindling and she is avoiding the fabric in her studio that is talking to her, calling out "make me into a curtain"
this update has been sent to you by me,
used dog "woof" x

cathleen said...

You are too cute!!!! You have my vote!!!!

kjkljk;ljljgjgfuyhd said...

I just cast a vote for you.
Best of luck!
xoxoxo
Franny

Kristi said...

You have my vote, this is my favorite shiny place to visit!

Caterina Giglio said...

I am not generally a VOTING kinda girl, but I will vote for YOU!! xo

dottie angel said...

Tif told me to tell you "bless you my dearies, i fear i am one step away from running for office and kissing random babies in the street"

from a tired used dog with a bit of limp and a pesky little olive in tow
"woof" x

Yolanta said...

Just voted for you!

Kylie said...

Have duly voted, used dog and olive, and you might want to tell Tif that she's currently coming equal second. Wish her well from me please :) K

'cine said...

Francine and her gypsy muse vote aye...I am so glad it was by happenstance that we stumbled across your blog, I wish I could remember from who's road I traveled to get here...oh well...they must not have been as memorable as you. I have voted, but do wish I had the button to wear on our gypsy journeys to find inspiration and treasures...winks :) ps: my airstream arrived a little late for Christmas but I am working on my little area that the two of you so inspired me to do in memory of my dad and it will be out all year our little gypsy wagon, so now when it is looked about, not only do we remember my dad, we remember where we found the inspiration, even though we cannot remember the road we traveled to get there.

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Used dog I have done the deed. Tell Tif I wish her lots of luck and she deserves every vote she gets!

Haust said...

Of course I'll vote for you! I just love your blog! :)

* elizabeth * said...

hi, it's me, your biggest fan. :)
I found this flickr set and didn't know if you'd seen it. you'll love it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vintageindie/sets/72157607473384033/

Sue said...

Used dog and little olive are very persuasive,I have just been to cast my vote for you.Good luck.


Sue

theroofcat said...

Tif definitely gets my vote! How could I resist such charming story... And just like all the above I love your blog! Good luck!

Sxxx

Anonymous said...

I voted!

n.b. Used Dog and Little Olive could sell me anything - kisses and doggie chokkies to them both from me (E)xx

moline said...

just voted! Good luck! You deserve a prize, that's for sure!