Sunday, June 3

me, my sundress and some pretty sweet wedges...

i know i said i wouldn't be back until late Monday, but quite honestly i couldn't keep away...it's warming up here big time and as the heat has wiltered me i just wanted to share these 'finds' i had in Target...late last night as our #1 was perusing the make-up aisle, i ended up in the teen department (dangerous i know, after all it is a long time since i was a teen)...not sure whether it is the hot weather we're having but i think it all went to my head. they had some very sweet sundresses...next thing i knew i was in the changing rooms trying them on...and i ended up with this little number, very pretty and made out of cheesecloth (the price is so darn cheap that it really does beg the ethical question of how these clothes are made...). i also stumbled upon these lovely cream wedges, once again cheap as chips (and leather at that price..ummm)...and for someone who spends most of her days in flip flops, 'stumbling' is the perfect word.

now i tell you my tale, as this little number is a classic example of what to do with a dress that 'every man and his dog' can see through...

of course most of you already know what Tif will do, but for some of you who are still 'sitting on the fence' about wearing a slip in public...i give you a few pictures, (this is where i could do with the lovely Emily)...not exactly well 'set up' as i would have got rid of the 'cat scratching box' in the background, but just like my friend Tasha says, "try to focus on the foreground and not what's behind it"...




and i know it's bad luck to put new shoes on a table...but i laugh in the face of 'mr bad luck' because i know 'miss lady luck' is shining on me these days...(i have just touched wood as i typed that bit!!) if you would care to look at them on feet (please bear in mind my feet are not pretty and the nail polish is in desperate need of redoing..) then here they are
after seeing this, you will either be wearing a slip next time you 'don' your summer dress, or you just fell off the fence...

i shall leave you with 'eye spy with my little eye something beginning with C '

it's all about the 'boxes' this week ...Tif

EDITED ~ so i asked my man what he could see in the picture that began with a 'C' and he immediately said "CHAOS"...i guess it's true!

11 comments:

Georgia Peachez said...

Love this sweet dress and it goes perfectly with your fabulous altered slip! Don't ya just love Target!

Carla said...

Oh Target! How I love you!

Thanks for the shot of the adorable kitty in the fabric box. So sweet.

Hear Me Roar! said...

I LOVE the look, and now I'm going to have to rethink my ENTIRE wardrobe.

I would get a cat if it posed nicely on my shelf like that!

Anastasia said...

looks wonderful - love your style and creations!!!

Anonymous said...

You should be proud you can still fit in any clothes from the teenage section! You look very nice and cool. I too, have just bought a pair of wedges (red!!) and they have grown an inch in height since I left the shop. I look nice when i'm sitting or standing...when walking I look like bambi!

Anonymous said...

Nutty Brit the II here and proud to be so! The olive slip and the Target frock looks so god together. People keep going on about how well priced things are at Target. We don't get it here so am I to assume that it's a little like Primark? If you have time to look through the tat you more often than not come up with a gem?
Cute shoes too. I love heels but I'm not good with them. I can stand still in them and look glam but ask me to put one foot in front of the other and I'm a little like Bambi only with thicker thighs! Sigh!

Tracy x said...

i hate all you folk who get such nice things from this place called Target....... not fair.

but you do look lovely - i love the fact you just get a peek of the wonderful creation under the dress (the slip i mean not you.... not that you are not wonderful!)
Have a good start to the week.
Tracy x

Lucykate Crafts... said...

i am sat here coveting your new shoes, which are lovely : ) thinking, you're so lucky living in the usa, shopping seems to be so much cheaper over there than back here in the uk. then i noticed the brand name, it says cherokee!. tesco stocks that clothing range, so i may have to go and have a look!.

the slip looks fab under the dress too.

kathek said...

You have zoomed to first place. The blog I want to look at first. There is always something pretty going on and silly too. That cat! Plus you have the most exquisite children...even if they are hungry. Thanks for sharing some of your life.

Gigibird said...

Now only this morning my friend Stella and I were discussing your slips and pondering how we might wear one – neither of us thought to wear them as – slips – now a whole world of possibilities has opened up (in my thoughts) – no wonder your sewing machine is hot ( we came to the conclusion it must be fit women with great bodies who were buying up Dottie Angel)
As for C – gorgeous, a combination of a lovely pussy cat and interesting bits and bobs. I love how cats always find the perfect spot to cause maximum affect.
Thanks for tagging me – I have sent you an email

The Weathered Pane said...

I spy a kitty cat! How cute is that! And the slips are so chic. Wish I was 30 years younger! And thank you for the kind words you left on my blog.... it means a lot to me. Nancy